Celebrate the summer season with this light and nutritious salad. Use your own homegrown herbs and veggies, or find these seasonal items at their best price and taste of the year at your local market.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash and/or zucchini, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine oil, vinegar, parsley, mayonnaise/greek yogurt, basil, dill, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Cover and shake, shake, shake!
In a salad bowl, combine squash and tomatoes. Drizzle dressing over veggies and toss.
Want softer veggies? Toss your finished salad in a low-heat sauté pan for a few minutes.
Thank you, fitnessmagazine.com for inspiration!