Cooperative’s Referral Specialist Ken shares more highlights from his popular “Healthy Aging Tips” presentation: Stay connected! How?
- Connect regularly with friends and family
- Make new friends!
- Spend time with at least one person, every day
- Find support groups in times of change
Boost your vitality:
Eat right, exercise & take good care of yourself!
Eat well-your relationship with food is changing…
- Load up on high-fiber fruits, veggies and whole grains
- Put effort into making your food look and taste good
- Watch out for dehydration
- Make meals social!
Exercise is vital for health aging:
- Check with your doctor before starting
- Find an activity you like
- Start slow
- Try walking!
Keep your mind sharp!
- Try variations on what you know
- Work something new into every day
- Take on a new subject
This entire terrific article can be found on HelpGuide.org. Enjoy!