Tips for Providing In Home Care
Are you providing in home care yourself? Here are some tips to help lower your stress level.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier to make your morning less hectic. Bonus: leave your home 15 minutes earlier for work, appointments and events.
- Don’t count on your memory. Write down what you need to remember. If you think of something in bed at night, text yourself a reminder; open it in the morning when you can write it down.
- Make a “just in case” plan in advance. Do you have a plan if your regular transportation fails? What about if you lose your phone? Try to be ready in case one of these stressful events happens to you.
- Ask questions when you don’t understand something. Repeat it back to the person to ensure you are confident in the information you have.
- Count your blessings!
- Get enough sleep at night (strive for at least seven hours). You can care for others only when you, yourself, are alert and well rested.
- Organize your work bag, your car, and your home. Make a place for important items.
- Stand up, stretch, and walk around about every 15 minutes. Bonus: take ten deep, cleansing breathes.
- Try to replace one sugary snack per day with a fresh fruit snack (apples are in season, so they are less expensive and delicious).
- Smile! It will improve your mood 🙂